COVID Vaccine Update 03/02/21
We are all excited to hear about the progress of the rolling out of the Covid vaccine and look forward to this improving the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the continued confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- The vaccines are still being rolled out in a very strict order.
- Please only book one appointment for your Covid vaccine.
- Please do make sure you keep your vaccine appointment. If you are unable to attend, please telephone the venue.
- It is very important that no vaccines go to waste due to patients not attending for their appointment.
- Before and after your vaccine you must
- wash your hands
- wear a face mask as advised
- keep 2 metres apart
- Do remember that we are still open if you have any medical concerns
For Gillingham Medical Practice this means:
- 19.4% of our patients have now recieved their 1st vaccination, this is a phenomenal achievement. We thank all of our staff, and the team at Blackmore Vale Partnership, for making this happen.
- We hope to have iminent news regarding vaccination within Gillingham. We may still have to ask those of you that are able to travel to attend at the Sturminster Newton site.
- For all new vaccine appointments we are only able to book your 1st appointment; you will be contacted again for your 2nd. If you have already been booked for your 2nd appointment this will take place as planned.
- We want to let all of our patients know that we do have a system called Accubook that can help us get patients booked in via a link in a text message. Some of these text messages have already gone out. There will be a link to click to book your appointment. There is a video that shows you what this looks like and how it works, please take a look.
PLEASE REMEMBER IF ANY LINK IN A TEXT MESSAGE TAKES YOU TO A SITE THAT ASKS FOR ANY BANK DETAILS, THIS IS A SCAM.THE VACCINE WILL ALWAYS BE FREE ON THE NHS
Thank you for your patience
Katie Pearce (Practice Manager), Dr Lewis and Partners
Published: Feb 3, 2021